Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My Teaching Philosphy ITLS

Becoming a teacher has not always been my goal in life. I think there was only one other time when I was in elementary school that I even thought about it. The only reason for this was my teacher that I had at the time. I was able to have this teacher for three years of elementary school. She always seemed like she was having so much fun. I don't know if I'd even call this admiration a goal. It was just something I thought about as a possible option.

It wasn't until three years ago that I started to consider teaching. But it wasn't an "aha" moment at all. I was in the process of figuring out another major when I ran across FSCE. I had no idea what it was and didn't even notice the education part. There was a lady informing me about the major and when she asked me if I'd ever considered teaching I laughed and said "no." Her response was "Well, think about it." I walked away thinking that it was a ridiculous idea. But, however, I happen to enjoy teaching. The preparation isn't my favorite, and the idea of teaching isn't my favorite, but presenting information and involving students is really enjoyable.

I want to make sure that my students are involved and gaining hand on learning. I want to make them feel empowered and individualized yet collaborative as a class. I want to include and show them that the skills they are learning are indeed important and applicable and that they will use them and think about the ideas I am teaching them in different ways.

This may be a large goal and a huge task, but like my enjoyment for teaching, it will probably come slow and gradual.

 

Educational Blogs

http://youthvoices.net/
http://learningismessy.com/blog/
http://mrmillersblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment