Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Domestically Creative Me

This week I finished my LBD for advanced sewing. Designed, patterns made and sewn all by me myself and I. I'm pretty pleased with it, since I spent SO many hours on it. It turned out fantastic. Now, I just need to make one that will actually fit on a person.

I also discovered the best pizza dough recipe. It was in my head all along. I made it up on the spot and it was the best dough I've ever made. It's definitely a keeper. So here it is, 1) So that other people can use it. 2) So that I don't forget it.

My favorite pizza I've ever made by far. 
2/3 cups warm water
1 TBS yeast
1 TBS sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
Half of 1/3 cup of oil ( I think this might end up being close to 1/4 c?)
Approximately 2 cups of flour.
Dissolve yeast and sugar in water. Let sit for about a minute. Add oil and salt. Then add one cup of flour. Stir until combined then add the second cup of flour until the dough is able to be handled in a ball without being too sticky. dust the outside with a little but of flour. Place a mug of water in the microwave and heat it until steamy. Put in a moist warm place until doubled in size (we went to the store to get the rest of the ingredients so i don't know how long this took) Knead for 3 minutes until soft and pliable. Add more flour while kneading if needed. Roll out to desired thickness (a 9 x 13 sheet pan works perfectly) Add toppings (I did half of Ragu sweet basil tomato sauce and half four cheese alfredo sauce, italian cheese blend and mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, spinach, garlic, basil and mushrooms) Bake 400 degrees until golden brown.


1 comment: